Calling all enthusiastic artistic children to participate in the First-class The Railway Children Return Film Art Competition!
(From Monday 4th July)
The Railway Children Return is an enchanting, moving and heart-warming adventure for a new generation arriving in Irish Cinemas on 15 July 2022. Inspired by one of the most beloved family films of all time, the film is set in 1944 as three evacuee children are sent to Yorkshire where they discover an injured American soldier hiding out at a railyard. They are thrust into a dangerous quest to assist their new friend who, like them, is a long way from home.
RollerCoaster.ie are running a children’s Art Competition welcoming all young talented artists to celebrate the release of the film this summer.
This art competition calls for all young passionate train enthusiasts with an artistic side, ages 8 to 13 years old, to showcase their creative work! The competition will start Monday 4 July and finish on 20 July.
Five lucky winners will receive a family pass for 4 people to visit The Casino Model Railway Museum at Malahide for a fun day out for young and old. Step back in time and feel like you are one of the Railway Children!
“All aboard!” – Taking inspiration from the film’s trailer choose your favourite vintage/steam train to draw and colour. Let Your Imagination Take You On a Railway Trip!
Check out the trailer for The Railway Children Return
Winners will be picked on 20 July. In order to enter, complete the form through Rollercoaster.ie and submit your child’s artwork!
Check local cinema listings to book tickets!
About the Casino Model Railway Museum at Malahide
Ireland’s only model railway museum, in the heart of Malahide village is a bucket list attraction for train lovers.
The Cyril Fry Collection offers a close-up look at the exquisite workmanship of his hand-crafted models. All hand painted and considered the most elaborate in Ireland. Delve into the interactive display, marvel at the models and gasp at the wonder of The Irish International Railway & Tramway System.
The Casino Model Railway Museum offers a unique close-up of the railway system, and the displays give detailed information about Irish rolling stock and the history of the Irish railways. The newest addition to the museum is a selection of Cyril Fry’s personal tools and equipment, and a selection of his models under repair or construction.
More information at www.modelrailwaymuseum.ie
Terms & Conditions
- Paper Size: Paper must be single-sided and A4 in size
- Personal Details: All competition entries must fill the entire entry form out correctly.
- Submission: Entries should be submitted online through Rollercoaster.ie in png, jpeg, or PDF format.
- Number of Entries: Only one entry per individual will be accepted.
- Closing Date: Entries should be submitted by 20th
- Notification: Competition winners will be notified within 30 days of the close of the competition by either post/telephone/email.
- Judging: The judge’s decision is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be factored in.
- Publicity: Winners may be asked to take part in competition publicity including being photographed by the media. Winning entries may be used for promotional purposes.
- Entry to the competition constitutes full and unconditional acceptance of these Terms & Conditions